Computer and Information Technology Industry Facts & Stats
- The median weekly earning for full time workers in this industry is $1,040.[ii]
- Going by 2014 annual median salary,The top paying jobs within this industry are Information Security Analysts, Software Developers, Computer and Information Systems Managers, and Computer Programmers. [iii]
- The Information & Computer Systems Design industry is expected to grow 4.8% every year from 2012-2022. [iv]
- In 2014, the Information & Computer Systems Design industry has 123,000 gross job gains in 2014.
- The number of Information & Computer Systems Design establishments in the private industry increased by 5,000 from 2013 to 2014. This is an increase of 1.03%.
Are You interested in computers and fascinated by innovation? Then a career in Computer and Information Technology may be ideal for you. The Computer and Information Technology Industry comprises jobs that provide information technology services, like Computer programming, Database Administration, Multimedia Design, Web Development, and Software development just to name a few. Almost every business today relies on technology, so it's no surprise that this industry is booming.
Education requirements for careers in Computer and Information Technology can vary. However, most workers have college degrees, according to the BLS, primarily in computer science, mathematics, or information systems. Others have been certified in computer programming and other IT disciplines. A two-year degree or certificate may be sufficient for some positions, depending on the employer’s needs, but the applicant must also possess the right technical skills. [i]